Paragon City Search & RescueForum Index
RegisterSearchLog in to check your private messagesProfileMemberlistUsergroupsLog inMembers AreaClick to view main website's navigation
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
CoH Freedom: Power Sets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post Jul 26th 2011, 6:13 pm
Psykid
Vanguard

I'm pretty close to launch, started may 20th a month or so after launch I think. Woot.

Psy-Kid PCSAR Vanguard
Post Jul 26th 2011, 9:48 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Looks like I'll be back for a bit around the middle of September. Excluding a couple of breaks from the game here and there, I've been playing since about a week after launch. I forgot what vet rewards level I'm at, I'd check but I can't remember what the answers to my security questions are...wait let me rephrase that...The answers to the questions on the account ARE correct, but I think I might have misspelled something.

EDIT: I was right. Launch was April 27, 2004 and I created my account on May 6, 2004. I have the 78 month vet rewards.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

"The thought of that makes my naughty bits hurt." - You know who.
DeviantArt: http://kamo7s.deviantart.com/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Jul 27th 2011, 5:10 am
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

/jealous

I'm excited to have you back!

♥Gabz

Globally @Gabriella of Mercy

"DONTTELLANYONEZOMGORWELLKEELYOUDEAD" -Bane

"Stupidfreakshowkeeponrezzingwhileiamnotlooking" - Drizzly Atoms, to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (it was hot. Trust me.)
Post Jul 27th 2011, 5:51 am
Bane
Envoy

Gabriella of Mercy wrote:

I'm excited to have you back!

♥Gabz

That sums it up for me. Will be awesome to have you back around. Javeing that many months should put you in the 7th tier I believe. It will be good to have you (and every one else) back in game.

For those of you who don't know, ill be out of game for the next 2 weeks. Im currently in mimford, OR. In about 5 hours will be driving to Portland for a wedding. Part of the wedding is a pre party at the brewers fest in Portland. Then from Tuesday to Tuesday ill be in Seattle for my cousins wedding (yes two in a row). I then fly home for 5 Days, repack like a mad man, then im off to Hawaii. We will have two laptops both which have CoX. So I may be able to login a bit at night. But if you don't see me, that's why.

Any way, its almost 4 am and we are waking up in 2 hours. Im sitting on the floor by the bathroom nook area. Replying on my phone.

Here to help with all your snarky needs!
Post Jul 27th 2011, 6:06 am
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

BANE ZOMGILOVEYOU!

Have fun with Joshua/Tsuki (yay for PCSAR meetups!) in Portland, be safe on your flights. Poke me when you're around, and if you don't get the chance to, have an awesome time!

♥Face

Globally @Gabriella of Mercy

"DONTTELLANYONEZOMGORWELLKEELYOUDEAD" -Bane

"Stupidfreakshowkeeponrezzingwhileiamnotlooking" - Drizzly Atoms, to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (it was hot. Trust me.)
Post Jul 28th 2011, 12:11 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Bane wrote:

That sums it up for me. Will be awesome to have you back around. Haveing that many months should put you in the 7th tier I believe. It will be good to have you (and every one else) back in game.

I'm lost on the whole tier thing. Care to explain when you have the time?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Jul 30th 2011, 9:34 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

The Paragon Rewards system (new vet system) has 9 tiers (really 10). Tier 1 has 1 slot (with several minor powers) and everyone automatically gets at least 1 Reward token. Tier 2 has 3 slots. Each has a different power so you can pick the order in which you take them. Once you have all 3 filled, you move to the next tier. Tier 3 also has 3 slots and 3 different powers.

In each tier, you can pick the order in which you take the powers but you must take all of them to move to the next tier. Go here and scroll down for a screenshot of the rewards window. Click the image to enlarge it.

City of Heroes: Ironblade - leader, Enclave of Honor . . . . . Lifeshadow - rescuer, PCSAR - Infinity
The Secret World: lifetime member - Mythmaster - Templar on Arcadia server (Ironblade on the TSW forums)
Star Citizen: independent crowd-funded game, currently in development. My global and forum handle are Ironblade.
City of Titans: independent crowd-funded 'spiritual successor' to City of Heroes.
Post Sep 3rd 2011, 10:27 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

I re-upped today...we'll see how long it lasts. I'm furious that they did away with booster packs.

Post Sep 4th 2011, 7:48 am
Triage IV
Envoy

Ironblade wrote:
The Paragon Rewards system (new vet system) has 9 tiers (really 10). Tier 1 has 1 slot (with several minor powers) and everyone automatically gets at least 1 Reward token. Tier 2 has 3 slots. Each has a different power so you can pick the order in which you take them. Once you have all 3 filled, you move to the next tier. Tier 3 also has 3 slots and 3 different powers.

In each tier, you can pick the order in which you take the powers but you must take all of them to move to the next tier. Go here and scroll down for a screenshot of the rewards window. Click the image to enlarge it.

So, if you want something on a higher tier, you HAVE to take the lower ones, even if you really don't want them...???? Doesn't sound like how they originally advertised it...stupid Statesman.

"Wait, I came down here in my underwear just to open a jar of mayonnaise?" - Barnacle Boy
Post Sep 4th 2011, 7:56 am
Sera
Rescuer

I suppose it's kind of like how the veteran rewards work now - you get them all, whether you like them or not. I do really wish you could have picked just the ones you want (though they may have been worried about running out of rewards?) and ignored the ones that didn't interest you.

Post Sep 4th 2011, 6:55 pm
Bane
Envoy

The System doesn't work any thing like how I thought it would in my head. But at the same time, most of us will be in the upper 7+ tiers when it launches any way. You can also effectively buy tokens if you don't want to wait for the time to pass.

Here to help with all your snarky needs!
Post Sep 4th 2011, 9:15 pm
Alchemedic
Envoy

Pre-Op wrote:
I re-upped today...we'll see how long it lasts. I'm furious that they did away with booster packs.

I'm annoyed that they ended the program on the 30th, not the 31st.

I have most of the sets I wanted anyway...I guess I'll pick up the remaining pieces a la carte, avec paragon points.

Post Sep 4th 2011, 9:37 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Alchemedic wrote:
Pre-Op wrote:

I'm annoyed that they ended the program on the 30th, not the 31st.

I have most of the sets I wanted anyway...I guess I'll pick up the remaining pieces a la carte, avec paragon points.

I really just wanted the steampunk pack. I think that was the only one that I wanted that I was still missing.

Post Sep 4th 2011, 9:47 pm
Alchemedic
Envoy

I've managed to use a few of the steampunk pieces for all those toons I don't play and I've found it only marginally useful, at least as far as for male toons. Some nicer options for female toons: I have a nice steampunk-ish gunslinger-ette now.

I wish some elements had been done differently. Ah well.

Post Sep 5th 2011, 2:53 am
RezQ
Patroller

As I understand it, everything that was in the booster/expansions will be available in the new Paragon Store, once Freedom comes out. You would be able to pick everything up there, cafeteria style, using the Paragon Points etc.

RezQ (43 Emp/Dark Defender) <-- Always LFG!!
Teamsaver (50 Earth/Rad Controller)
global = @Teamsaver
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Page 2 of 3