Paragon City Search & RescueForum Index
RegisterSearchLog in to check your private messagesProfileMemberlistUsergroupsLog inMembers AreaClick to view main website's navigation
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
CoH Freedom: Power Sets
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post Jul 22nd 2011, 4:39 am
Bane
Envoy

CoH Freedom: Power Sets

There will be at least 3 new power sets with CoXfreedom, Time Manipulation, Beam Gun, and Street Justice. Explinations for the last two below.

Quote:
First we'll start with what everyone is most interested in. The new powerS. That's right, plural. I didn't try out Time Manipulation, but I did play with the other two sets, Beam Gun and Street Justice.

Beam Gun is a single target focused power set that acts as a primary for Blasters and Corrupters and secondary for Defenders. The damage numbers look low, but the set relies on a special debuff that makes Beam Gun powers deal significantly more damage, somewhat similarly to Sonic Attacks. Expect more details on exact powers in a future post. Beam Guns are primarily Energy damage.

Street Justice is a combo-centric melee power set for all the melee archetypes(Brute, Scrapper, Stalker, Tanker). All the powers have their own secondary effect as opposed to other sets like Dark Melee that focuses on to-hit de-buffs. Most of the set's powers and combo points that make your Finisher powers stronger. This isn't the same as dual blades in that it's not going toward a buff, but almost like a Rogue in WoW. Street Justice is mostly Smashing and Lethal damage and the attacks are punches and a couple kicks with some lighting effects.

You can see what the rest of the post I got it from HERE

Here to help with all your snarky needs!
Post Jul 22nd 2011, 10:57 am
Sera
Rescuer

Those sound like they could be a lot of fun!

Post Jul 22nd 2011, 6:55 pm
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

Eh, is it just me, or does Street Justice sound totally lame?

♥Gabz

Globally @Gabriella of Mercy

"DONTTELLANYONEZOMGORWELLKEELYOUDEAD" -Bane

"Stupidfreakshowkeeponrezzingwhileiamnotlooking" - Drizzly Atoms, to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (it was hot. Trust me.)
Post Jul 23rd 2011, 2:14 pm
Ravlin
Envoy

Why is it no one ever tries the one I'm interested in? I'm weird amongst the weirdos! Surely that makes me super special. I wanna know more about time manipulation. The other two sound like more of the same to me.

Oh, and I actually logged in yesterday...I'm working up to actually playing! I left myself on Bane's pillar. It was lonely. No one in Atlas. I'm confused. When does the free playing stuff actually begin? And when do I get these new powers? I want everything now please!

globally @Ravlin on Infinity

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post Jul 23rd 2011, 2:16 pm
Ravlin
Envoy

Oh yeah, I might have jacked the thread. I would say "sorry bout that" but I'm not so I'm not gonna say it. It's what I do. Glad the forums are chatty. Love you all! Very Happy

globally @Ravlin on Infinity

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:50 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

Ravlin wrote:
I'm confused. When does the free playing stuff actually begin? And when do I get these new powers? I want everything now please!

It happens when Issue 21 / CoH:Freedom launches. Consensus seems to be latter part of September or October.

Bane: You left out Titanic Weapons. There are 4 sets for sure. Might be a fifth one. However, not all of them will be 'free' - not even to VIP players. You'll have to buy some of them with Paragon Points.

City of Heroes: Ironblade - leader, Enclave of Honor . . . . . Lifeshadow - rescuer, PCSAR - Infinity
The Secret World: lifetime member - Mythmaster - Templar on Arcadia server (Ironblade on the TSW forums)
Star Citizen: independent crowd-funded game, currently in development. My global and forum handle are Ironblade.
City of Titans: independent crowd-funded 'spiritual successor' to City of Heroes.
Post Jul 24th 2011, 3:37 am
Bane
Envoy

Ironblade wrote:
Ravlin wrote:
I'm confused. When does the free playing stuff actually begin? And when do I get these new powers? I want everything now please!

It happens when Issue 21 / CoH:Freedom launches. Consensus seems to be latter part of September or October.

Bane: You left out Titanic Weapons. There are 4 sets for sure. Might be a fifth one. However, not all of them will be 'free' - not even to VIP players. You'll have to buy some of them with Paragon Points.

Hadn't forgotten it, but I hand't seen much of a write up on it when I posted this.

Post Jul 24th 2011, 9:11 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

Further update: someone in the beta broke the NDA and posted a video to YouTube of a new powerset: Staff Fighting. Big stink already. Thread on the forums deleted. Video removed. However, someone had buffered it and put the file on a download site. Thread with link to that was then deleted (but not after I downloaded it so I have the video on my desktop!).

So, at least one more set. It's not clear if it will be part of Issue 21 or if it will release after. No official comment but all those thread deletions are pretty telling.

City of Heroes: Ironblade - leader, Enclave of Honor . . . . . Lifeshadow - rescuer, PCSAR - Infinity
The Secret World: lifetime member - Mythmaster - Templar on Arcadia server (Ironblade on the TSW forums)
Star Citizen: independent crowd-funded game, currently in development. My global and forum handle are Ironblade.
City of Titans: independent crowd-funded 'spiritual successor' to City of Heroes.
Post Jul 24th 2011, 9:14 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

Also, I think Street Justice and Beam Rifle will be 'paid' sets.
Time Manipulation and Titanic Weapons will be free.
Probably. That's what we're hearing.

Post Jul 24th 2011, 9:39 pm
Bane
Envoy

Oh I would love to see that video.

Post Jul 25th 2011, 12:30 am
Capt. Biohazard
Patroller

I've been hearing that Titan Weapons will be paid for as well. Think it was during one of the UStream chats at SDCC.

The only set confirmed to be free is Time Manip.
I'd expect to have to 'unlock' the others.

Also, one of the customizable weapons for TW was said to be a Staff. Which had me thinking it wasn't a complete set by itself.

That video though (which looks amazing btw) makes it look like a specialized Staff set so...

Personally I hope it's separate from TW's and I don't mind having to unlcock it with PP if it's that sweet!

Future be looking bright indeed!

Nuke
Post Jul 25th 2011, 10:08 am
Triage IV
Envoy

I hope the Paragon Points will be fairly reasonable...both in how much you get and how much is needed to purchase items.

"Wait, I came down here in my underwear just to open a jar of mayonnaise?" - Barnacle Boy
Post Jul 25th 2011, 5:58 pm
Bane
Envoy

As a subscriber (aka VIP) you will get 400 paragon points a month. At least that is the current statement by the devs. 400 points is roughly $5 US, and which is the amount of the average booster pack.

Post Jul 25th 2011, 11:37 pm
Capt. Biohazard
Patroller

T, I'd expect to be able to use your banked PP to unlock 1 of the new sets at launch without any extra cost.
Though if you want to unlock all the new ones right away it'll end up costing extra. Not to mention any little extra goodies you might want.

It's going to be a culture shock for us Vets at first to be sure. Not having access to everything in an issue like we're used to. Still I have faith in our Dev's to keep the pricing reasonable and to keep Vet/ViP's in mind foremost.

I'll look over the new sets and go with the one that appeals the most and/or just begs for a concept to create. With my glacially slow leveling speed It'd be a few months before I got tired and wanted to unlock another new set. Hopefully by then the 400+ (if you go up in tiers) a month will let me buy one without extra.

Of course... I might find that more than one set screams play me now on day one and I end up getting out the credit card. While part of me wants to join the chorus of upset players the more rational side of me understands that having choices is never a bad thing. Smile

Nuke
Post Jul 26th 2011, 5:18 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

Bane wrote:
As a subscriber (aka VIP) you will get 400 paragon points a month. At least that is the current statement by the devs. 400 points is roughly $5 US, and which is the amount of the average booster pack.

Also note:
1) As a CURRENT subscriber, you have started earning 400 points per month, as of July.
2) Once you get to the Tier 9 Paragon Rewards (the new 'vet' system), you will get a bonus of 150 extra points every month.

Getting to Tier 9 is based on how long you have been playing, plus how much you spend in the new store. Anyone who has been here since the start of CoH will automatically be Tier 9 when CoH:Freedom is released.

Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Page 1 of 3