Paragon City Search & RescueForum Index
RegisterSearchLog in to check your private messagesProfileMemberlistUsergroupsLog inMembers AreaClick to view main website's navigation
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
COH: Freedom
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post Jun 22nd 2011, 11:34 pm
Capt. Biohazard
Patroller

COH: Freedom

So, does anyone plan on jumping ship to the ViP server or staying on Infinity?

Personally, I'm an altoholic so I'll make my namesake like I do on every server and maybe a few others. I won't be transferring any over though, not for the time being anyways.

I'm actually really looking forward to dusting off my binds and getting back on patrol in the low levels once this hits live!! I can see Perez alive once more! Not to mention all the new players that'll be needing our assistance in the struggle for Galaxy City!

Should prove to be an interesting few months if nothing else. Smile

Nuke
Post Jun 23rd 2011, 5:28 pm
Alchemedic
Envoy

My question was whether I would actually quit the game or not. Because of school and work this past year, I've barely had time to play.

Thankfully, if I do quit with this option I would still be a Premium player -- meaning I would keep a fair amount of the goodies I've unlocked or paid for, and in particular: I would be able to send tells and keep my SG memberships. (Free-only does not let you send tells or join SGs.)

I'm not sure which characters I would use for the two granted (+ five slots I can unlock), but definitely most of them would go to my Infinity toons, including of course Alche. (And maybe his blapper brother, Alkie.) I'd probably keep my one dark defender on Freedom and one villain on Infinity, but the others would all be PCSAR/PCTRU toons.

So it is highly unlikely you'd see me on the VIP server, sadly. At least this gives me an option to stay sporadically involved without too much ongoing investment.

Post Jun 23rd 2011, 6:08 pm
Ravlin
Envoy

I'm still trying to figure out what this means for me. I highly doubt I'd transfer anyone over to VIP. I'd try to make someone maybe. But Rav's home, and Seg's is here on Infinity. I'm getting a feeling that the VIP server is gonna be some sort of elitist place where all the maxed out people are. And I really don't want to lose all my SG bases and friends from Infinity that maybe don't transfer over or don't choose to stay a VIP player, like Alche, and others that maybe come back and choose to play again. I'm just not sure.

There's been all kinds of stuff posted on the forums from good to bad. I don't really know what to think. We were talking about canceling because we have gotten kind of sick of the grind the task forces over and over to be super incarnates and no one wanting to just play the low level stuff since we're altoholics. We haven't been playing much at all. So now we're thinking we'll stay and see what happens. Color me confused, as usual. But all I really know is that Rav lives on Infinity, where she started out, and where she'll die! Confused

globally @Ravlin on Infinity

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post Jun 24th 2011, 6:08 pm
Sera
Rescuer

I will probably use the VIP server to make new toons, or maybe transfer over some of my alts, but Sera will stay on Infinity for sure!

Post Jun 27th 2011, 5:57 pm
Bane
Envoy

Im going to make all my "Banes" on the VIP server, just to have. But ill be staying on infinity since most of the people I play with will be there, that's where my SG bases are, and I can't see how the influx of players on infinity will be bad. Plus if the majority of the people who plan on jumping ship to the VIP server are the "1337" from Freedom, I don't really want to play on a server like that.

Here to help with all your snarky needs!
Post Jun 27th 2011, 7:28 pm
Ravlin
Envoy

Bane wrote:
Im going to make all my "Banes" on the VIP server, just to have. But ill be staying on infinity since most of the people I play with will be there, that's where my SG bases are, and I can't see how the influx of players on infinity will be bad. Plus if the majority of the people who plan on jumping ship to the VIP server are the "1337" from Freedom, I don't really want to play on a server like that.

Exactly what I was thinking. And not just the ones from Freedom. I figured it's going to be all the jerks from all the servers, so they can just be a bunch of bragging idiots with each other, and Infinity will be a nice happy place without our jerks and a whole bunch of new people to play with. And maybe some of our old friends that left can be persuaded to stop in and play again!

globally @Ravlin on Infinity

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post Jun 27th 2011, 7:33 pm
Bane
Envoy

Ravlin wrote:
Bane wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking. And not just the ones from Freedom. I figured it's going to be all the jerks from all the servers, so they can just be a bunch of bragging idiots with each other, and Infinity will be a nice happy place without our jerks and a whole bunch of new people to play with. And maybe some of our old friends that left can be persuaded to stop in and play again!

It means House can stop in any weekend he wants!

Here to help with all your snarky needs!
Post Jul 18th 2011, 10:39 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

I suppose I'll create a new character on the VIP server, mainly to see what it's like. If any significant number of people I know go over there, I'll definitely create one or more characters - and probably also make an SG and toss a billion inf into prestige.

I don't plan to transfer anyone to that server. I do plan to transfer one of my tanks to Triumph, where my brother and his wife have their SG and level 50's. That will give me an instant 50 over there and a reason to make a new tank on Infinity. I like tanks. Cool

City of Heroes: Ironblade - leader, Enclave of Honor . . . . . Lifeshadow - rescuer, PCSAR - Infinity
The Secret World: lifetime member - Mythmaster - Templar on Arcadia server (Ironblade on the TSW forums)
Star Citizen: independent crowd-funded game, currently in development. My global and forum handle are Ironblade.
City of Titans: independent crowd-funded 'spiritual successor' to City of Heroes.
Post Jul 19th 2011, 8:24 pm
RezQ
Patroller

I will likely create a new character on the VIP server, just to check it out. Especially if they proliferate some more powersets.

Other than that, I'll be playing on Infinity 99% of the time, because that's where all of my friends are, in game.

RezQ (43 Emp/Dark Defender) <-- Always LFG!!
Teamsaver (50 Earth/Rad Controller)
global = @Teamsaver
Post Jul 19th 2011, 10:16 pm
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

Good to see you back here again, Rez =)

♥Gabz

Globally @Gabriella of Mercy

"DONTTELLANYONEZOMGORWELLKEELYOUDEAD" -Bane

"Stupidfreakshowkeeponrezzingwhileiamnotlooking" - Drizzly Atoms, to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (it was hot. Trust me.)
Post Jul 19th 2011, 11:24 pm
IceCU

Hi RezQ, I like the avatar. Now I need to watch the movie again Smile

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
Take the quiz!
Post Jul 20th 2011, 1:20 am
Pre-Op
Rescuer

IceCU wrote:
Now I need to watch the movie again Smile

They're making a sequel.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

"The thought of that makes my naughty bits hurt." - You know who.
DeviantArt: http://kamo7s.deviantart.com/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Jul 20th 2011, 2:20 am
RezQ
Patroller

Pre-Op wrote:
IceCU wrote:
Now I need to watch the movie again Smile

They're making a sequel.

I have a hero on Infinity that looks like my avatar, actually. The hard part was trying to get the goggles right, you can't really get any that let you see the eyes through the goggles. They also don;t allow any body shapes that aren't 'heroically fit' in CoX, which is a shame, but I did the best I could. I had a bit of fun with it, running around shouting Minionspeak in Local while attempting to blast everything.

And we *loved* the movie, bought the DVD, watched all the extra short films (Banana!) and had an inflatable minion on my wife's desk before her nephew came to visit and kidnapped it.

RezQ (43 Emp/Dark Defender) <-- Always LFG!!
Teamsaver (50 Earth/Rad Controller)
global = @Teamsaver
Post Sep 9th 2011, 4:00 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

Ironblade wrote:
I don't plan to transfer anyone to that server. I do plan to transfer one of my tanks to Triumph, where my brother and his wife have their SG and level 50's. That will give me an instant 50 over there and a reason to make a new tank on Infinity. I like tanks. Cool

Well, I ended up changing that plan. CoH:Freedom seemed far enough away that I made a NEW tank, who is now 50 and awaiting transfer to Triumph.

In other news, CoH:Freedom gets one step closer. The Test Server is now updated to Issue 21, whereas it was previously only on the Beta Server. This suggests that the 'Head Start' for current subscribers is, at most, two weeks away.

City of Heroes: Ironblade - leader, Enclave of Honor . . . . . Lifeshadow - rescuer, PCSAR - Infinity
The Secret World: lifetime member - Mythmaster - Templar on Arcadia server (Ironblade on the TSW forums)
Star Citizen: independent crowd-funded game, currently in development. My global and forum handle are Ironblade.
City of Titans: independent crowd-funded 'spiritual successor' to City of Heroes.
Post Sep 12th 2011, 6:21 pm
Sorak
Patroller

Well I am guessing that tomorrow the new issue is going to be released. CoH just posted on FB

Today is Galaxy City's last day before the Shivans invade. Come say goodbye to Galaxy City on the Triumph and Virtue servers with player run events! The Triumph event runs until 5pm PDT (8pm EDT), with a gettogether, arena matches, and other fun! Then later, there will be a costume contest (and of course roleplay) beginning at 7pm PDT (10pm EDT). Come check out these events and say your fond farewells to Galaxy City!

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

May those who love us love us. And those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping.

@Sorak
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Page 1 of 2