Paragon City Search & RescueForum Index
RegisterSearchLog in to check your private messagesProfileMemberlistUsergroupsLog inMembers AreaClick to view main website's navigation
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
AT Ideas...
Post Oct 31st 2011, 6:06 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

AT Ideas...

I'm looking for something new and fun and kinda-sorta out of the ordinary. We all know what works...but I'm looking for a challenge.

Any archetype, any primary/secondary combo.

I just started a dark/dark brute that is a lot of fun. Going to try my hand at both a WS and PB human only build. I have a PB Human-only on Infinity, but he was leveled up as a tri-form. These I'm building from the get-go as human only.

Let me know what you got, even if you haven't played the combo you give me, I want to hear it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

"The thought of that makes my naughty bits hurt." - You know who.
DeviantArt: http://kamo7s.deviantart.com/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Oct 31st 2011, 9:46 pm
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

I've had heaps of fun with kin/dp. I prefer more controlling types, but also really enjoyed playing my spines/elec scrapper.

That's about all I've got. I don't play enough.

~Gabz

Globally @Gabriella of Mercy

"DONTTELLANYONEZOMGORWELLKEELYOUDEAD" -Bane

"Stupidfreakshowkeeponrezzingwhileiamnotlooking" - Drizzly Atoms, to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (it was hot. Trust me.)
Post Oct 31st 2011, 9:47 pm
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

Also, get on Skype so we can chat. It's practically a holiday here at work and I've got free time!

"Stupidfreakshowkeeponrezzingwhileiamnotlooking" - Drizzly Atoms, to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (it was hot. Trust me.)
Post Oct 31st 2011, 9:53 pm
Ravlin
Envoy

Petless Mastermind!!!

You said you wanted a challenge... Devil

Or, I've read about others doing this - make something and only take and use pool powers. Not allowed to take any of your primary/secondary after the first ones you have to take. That sounds like a challenge to me. Supposedly it can be done. There are some posts on the forums about people doing it and having fun doing it.

globally @Ravlin on Infinity

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post Oct 31st 2011, 10:30 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Gabriella of Mercy wrote:
I've had heaps of fun with kin/dp. I prefer more controlling types, but also really enjoyed playing my spines/elec scrapper.

That's about all I've got. I don't play enough.

~Gabz

Lies....you play tanks...it doesn't matter what the AT says, defender, controller, blaster...you just see tank. Tongue

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Oct 31st 2011, 10:31 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Also, get on Skype so we can chat. It's practically a holiday here at work and I've got free time!

I'm always on Skype...even when it says I'm not...unless it says I'm away, then I'm actually away or if it's really late, then I'm in bed. But don't let that get around, there could be crazy, creepy people out there that want to plant bad thoughts in my head and make me hear voices.

Last edited by Pre-Op on Oct 31st 2011, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Oct 31st 2011, 10:33 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Ravlin wrote:
Petless Mastermind!!!

You said you wanted a challenge... Devil

Or, I've read about others doing this - make something and only take and use pool powers. Not allowed to take any of your primary/secondary after the first ones you have to take. That sounds like a challenge to me. Supposedly it can be done. There are some posts on the forums about people doing it and having fun doing it.

Petless mastermind...that would be interesting. I'll have to look at the powers in the sets aside from the pets.

And that second idea is just sadistic....and very, very scary.

Post Oct 31st 2011, 11:28 pm
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

Pre-Op wrote:
.. or if it's really late, then I'm in bed.

What's "really late"? I have no concept of time anymore.

~Gabz

Post Oct 31st 2011, 11:30 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Pre-Op wrote:
.. or if it's really late, then I'm in bed.

What's "really late"? I have no concept of time anymore.

~Gabz

Really late would be 2 or 3am here, which is like 6 or 7pm, your time.

Post Nov 2nd 2011, 9:31 am
Big Runt
Alumni

I can't recommend anything other than my all-time favorite build: Earth/Rad.

I rolled it to 50 TWICE on two servers. Most fun I've ever had in-game.

Critical Condition - Lvl 50 - Fire/Kinetics/Fire ~ Captain Slap - Lvl 50 - Inv/EM Tank (Incarnate BEAST!)
Global: @Monty-Python
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Nov 2nd 2011, 11:32 pm
Capt. Biohazard
Patroller

I found I was needing something... a bit more complicated than the usual fare a while back.

That's when I tried, for the 3rd or 4th time, WarShades. Specifically, Dech Kaison's MFing WS guide. Combined with easier to use formshift binds on my mouse. I fell in love.

From level 6 on, this thing is a Beast. Even with just SO's. By not being in the 'This form only for this situation' mindset, it's a lot more free flowing and natural after the learning curve.

Sunless Mire still makes me smile. Smile

Nuke
Post Nov 12th 2011, 4:19 am
Pre-Op
Rescuer

So I decided to revisit an old AT/Power combo that I had tried before and it got real old, real quick. I just didn't like it. It was boring and too hard to manage End. With inherent fitness powers now, it's a TON more fun!!

Here's a pic of him:

Also, what has two thumbs and got a beta invite to SW:TOR???

<---- THIS GUY!

Post Nov 21st 2011, 2:47 am
Bane
Envoy

OH fun!

Earth/earth tank? brute?

Here to help with all your snarky needs!
Post Nov 21st 2011, 1:43 pm
Pre-Op
Rescuer

Bane wrote:
OH fun!

Earth/earth tank? brute?

He's a stone/stone tank. I almost went brute, but I get too focused on worrying about my fury bar and not enough about if I'm living or not. I have a brute or two, but they don't get played much.

Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Page 1 of 1