Paragon City Search & RescueForum Index
RegisterSearchLog in to check your private messagesProfileMemberlistUsergroupsLog inMembers AreaClick to view main website's navigation
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Defense Debuff Resistance?
Post Aug 1st 2011, 3:30 pm
RezQ
Patroller

Defense Debuff Resistance?

I overheard in chat that certain classes have Defense Debuff Resistance, but not all classes (apparently). I tried to find the information on the wiki, but no luck. The CoX search engine also fails (epic style) when you try to search for the phrase, or DDR, etc.

Can anyone tell me about DDR, and which classes (or powersets?) have it?

RezQ (43 Emp/Dark Defender) <-- Always LFG!!
Teamsaver (50 Earth/Rad Controller)
global = @Teamsaver
Post Aug 1st 2011, 4:42 pm
Gabriella of Mercy
Rescuer

I'm sure there are more than these, but I know that ninjitsu, shield defense, energy aura and super reflexes all have DDR powers. I don't get into the numbers too much, so I'm not sure if this is an AT attribute of if it really does come down to the powerset. I'm sure Ironblade would know. He's our library.

♥Gabz

Globally @Gabriella of Mercy

"DONTTELLANYONEZOMGORWELLKEELYOUDEAD" -Bane

"Stupidfreakshowkeeponrezzingwhileiamnotlooking" - Drizzly Atoms, to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (it was hot. Trust me.)
Post Aug 1st 2011, 5:57 pm
Ironblade
Rescuer

I wouldn't make set decisions on how much def debuff resistance they have. Most of the time, it simply doesn't matter. If you're fighting Cimerorans, then it matters. They can drop your base defense to -100% in a matter of seconds.

I have the combat monitor showing base defense (plus other stuff) on my tanks so I have some warning when things are getting bad. They had my invuln tank at -100% defense in under 10 seconds. Now, he has 90% resistance to lethal damage, so that wasn't enough for them to kill him. Any set not based on resistance or having DDR would be dead in seconds. This always surprises the blasters who have 45% defense. Getting your defense from set bonuses and stuff like Weave, Combat Jumping, etc gives you ZERO resistance to def debuff.

I think every defense set gets def debuff resistance, but in varying amounts. Also, they sometimes stick it in a power you might not think to take. It's like Permafrost in Ice Armor - it gives you resistance to fire and cold, which you really don't need. So a lot of people skip it, not realizing it also gives you resistance to -recharge and -speed. Ice Armor lets you STROLL across stacked caltrops.

Anyway, the description for each power will tell you if it has it. For example, Battle Agility in the Shield set:
Toggle: Self +DEF(Ranged, AoE), +Res(DEF Debuff)
I cut and pasted that from www.paragonwiki.com. Just go there and search for Shield Defense or Ice Armor or whatever.

So, scrappers, stalkers, tanks, brutes can all get def debuff resist - IF they take a set that offers it. Blasters, controllers, masterminds, defenders, corrupters, dominators, warshades, peacebringers, etc can NEVER have it.

City of Heroes: Ironblade - leader, Enclave of Honor . . . . . Lifeshadow - rescuer, PCSAR - Infinity
The Secret World: lifetime member - Mythmaster - Templar on Arcadia server (Ironblade on the TSW forums)
Star Citizen: independent crowd-funded game, currently in development. My global and forum handle are Ironblade.
City of Titans: independent crowd-funded 'spiritual successor' to City of Heroes.
Post Aug 1st 2011, 9:18 pm
RezQ
Patroller

Outstanding explanation, thanks!

RezQ (43 Emp/Dark Defender) <-- Always LFG!!
Teamsaver (50 Earth/Rad Controller)
global = @Teamsaver
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Page 1 of 1