Paragon City Search & RescueForum Index
RegisterSearchLog in to check your private messagesProfileMemberlistUsergroupsLog inMembers AreaClick to view main website's navigation
Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Peregrine Island Last Night
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post Nov 17th 2004, 2:21 pm
House Call
Communications Officer

Peregrine Island Last Night

Wow. I haven't had that much fun on my blaster since probably level 32.

I had fun whooping some lvl 41 and 42 bosses (I'm still a lvl 38 ) with Status and Psy-Kid. Status left right as we picked up a lvl 38 and 39 scrapper. And we later had one other Emp who joined for a bit, then quit again.

We hunted Fake Nemesis on the docks (got over halfway to my badge), and I wow'd them by taking out 10 lvl 42s in one shot with my Inferno. Very Happy

And I have something to share with you all:

Psy-Kid is a damned fine healer. Smile I ran that man's endurance down like there was no tomorrow, and he brought us back from the brink of death several times (lvl 42 bosses in groups of 2 were manageable, but lvl 43s were just a bit too much).

I think I bit the dust 4 or 5 times, and Psy hit the ground at least twice. But I know he worked off all his debt and got over 7 bars of XP (plus halfway to that Fake Nemesis badge, which you need for the Freedom Phalanx accolade (+10% HP)), and I actually saw the end of my debt bar for the first time in a few weeks. Got down to 76K before I got back up to 150K, and I think I'm down to 117K now.

Still, that was tons of fun, and the most challenging stuff I've done since getting Inferno, since I solo a good bit and typically don't fight bosses 4 levels above me when I do. Wink

Thanks Psy and Status for hanging out, and I hope to do it again real soon, because that was an absolute riot.

Sam: "I think she's in the attack stairwell."
Dave: "We have an attack stairwell?! SWEET!!"

"I got a call from maintenance today ... we're over the sexy quota ... " - Bane

Last edited by House Call on Nov 17th 2004, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Nov 17th 2004, 2:24 pm
Crimson Prophet

Crying or Very sad Sounds like a blast! Color me "jealous".

"The height of cleverness is being able to conceal it." - De la Rochefoucauld
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post Nov 17th 2004, 2:28 pm
Penny Cillin

Yeah, why don't you guys do this earlier in the evening so we can all join in!

Looks like Matt and I will be out of work the rest of the week. Ugh. We're supposed to be getting better, not worse!

Post Nov 17th 2004, 2:54 pm
House Call
Communications Officer

Sorry, nobody else was on. =(

That stinks, Penny. Hope you two get feeling better.

Tonight will actually be my last night on for the rest of the week, as we have to get up really early tomorrow so I can therefore leave work really early and drive up to Knoxville, and then meet up with Sam's family at the chalet in Gatlinburg, which is where we shall be until Sunday afternoon.

So, try not to miss us too much! =)

Post Nov 17th 2004, 4:29 pm
Psykid
Vanguard

Me and my now grey hair from last night will miss you two.

Last night was a blast. Even with popping RA as often as I could, HF pushed it to the brink a number of times. And those FN's? Word of advice for the defenders out there, stay as far away as you can while still being close enough to heal. A number of times, to still have HF in my sites, I had to be a bit too close and they can wipe you out with flame thrower attacks fairly quickly, not all at once, but you get to watch your health bar drop, and drop, and drop, etc. Doing heal aura helps a bit, but if you get hit with a couple of them and someone decides to take a shot at you with something else....its called eat dirt. Of course, those were the 43s and I was sk'd one level lower than HF.

BTW, as to HF hitting the deck 3 more times than me? (two of his deaths occurred after I hit the deck I think). Both times, I cycled through Heal other and absorb pain as fast as I could, and never got him to full health before the final blow took him out as he started to glow green again.

Post Nov 17th 2004, 4:37 pm
House Call
Communications Officer

Btw, the things kicking my butt weren't the Fake Nemesis ... they were the Warhulks. Flamethrower + Mini-Cannonball blast = 10 or so HP left.

I definitely gave Psy a run for his money. Luckily for him, the lower scrapper was a Regen who could stay healthy as long as she had endurance usually, and the other had SR with Elude, so he only died whenever Elude wore off, pretty much.

Post Nov 17th 2004, 5:17 pm
Psykid
Vanguard

He only died when he was someplace else. Its annoying to see someone's health drop dangerously low, try to throw a heal, and notice that he is someplace else. But being the loyal SK, I always opted to stay close to HF, rather than try to get to the other guy (which at one time was so far off that he was the little target square)

Post Nov 17th 2004, 5:19 pm
Psykid
Vanguard

As a second thought, I think we would have done much better with just HF, me and the regen scrapper, more xp, with the same, if not less risk of death.

Post Nov 17th 2004, 5:21 pm
Status Crow

Count me in for some more Peregrine fun this evening, if you're all so inclined.

Post Nov 17th 2004, 5:22 pm
House Call
Communications Officer

Probably so, though the lvl 39 guy did bring some good damage to the group ... when he wasn't AFK or off somewhere else.

But don't feel obligated to stick by me just because you're my sidekick. If you want to go flying around Peregrine as a lvl 26 to hunt down someone, I won't stop you. Very Happy Twisted Evil

Post Nov 17th 2004, 5:23 pm
Psykid
Vanguard

Lets see, you died 5 times last night, maybe next time we can make it 7 or 8, lol.

Post Nov 17th 2004, 5:31 pm
House Call
Communications Officer

Sounds good ...

Hey, you want to run a mission with me that's all Paragon Protectors? Twisted Evil

Post Nov 17th 2004, 7:05 pm
Crimson Prophet

I'd also gladly join in also for a romp around PI Smile

"The height of cleverness is being able to conceal it." - De la Rochefoucauld
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post Nov 17th 2004, 11:41 pm
LagMcCrash

House Call wrote:
Sounds good ...

Hey, you want to run a mission with me that's all Paragon Protectors? Twisted Evil

Thats a pretty Fun Mission, I helped a friend out with it and breezed thru it No Problem. They are not your normal PP's they are pretty wimpy auctually Tongue.

If you all are ever up for a good ole stompin around PI, look me up. I'm usually with my good friend Pain Goddess (Invlu/Dark) scrapper. We Duo PI like it was Butta!

Nice having a Invul scrapper who can gather up 5-6 Mobs (41-45's), stack'em, and him and I breeze thru them in a matter of seconds (Talk about Power leveling) Ask Status, He's experienced the Uberness of Goddess:P

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Nov 18th 2004, 12:02 am
Status Crow

Uber-ness would be an understatement. Laughing

I'll vouch for Lag, Mistra and Pain Goddess, gang. First-class folks who know how to play and have fun doing it.

Paragon City Search & Rescue » General Discussion
Page 1 of 2